EMPLOYEMENT OPPORTUNITY – R.I. LICENSED FUNERAL DIRECTOR/EMBALMER – J. J. DUFFY FUNERAL HOME
J. J. Duffy Funeral Home, is seeking a Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer in Cumberland.
We are family owned and operated funeral home, with a future on site crematory within the next year. Revolutionizing the funeral industry means blazing new trails, creating new ideas, developing strong relationships, preserving legacies, and compassionately caring for Families.
Our Team is vital to the health of our funeral home, and we value the insight, ideas, and passion they bring every day to compassionately care for our Families. J.J. Duffy is transforming the funeral industry one life, one family, and one community at a time. Join us as we revolutionize the funeral industry across Northern Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts.
We currently have an opening for a Funeral Director/Embalmer. The Funeral Director interacts directly with client families, making arrangements, handling all aspects of the service, and ensuring the client’s family receives a flawless experience that captures, acknowledges, and shares the life purpose of their loved one.
Overview & Responsibilities:
- Arranges, conducts, and directs bereavement rites, including funeral and memorial ceremonies, in a professional, organized, and caring manner consistent with company policies and procedures.
- Confirms authorization to proceed with the service arrangements.
- Ensures client families are informed of special recognition and services available for veterans and ensures the delivery of selected recognition and services.
- Drives funeral vehicles as needed.
- Embalming, dressing, casketing and cosmetology as needed.
- Assists at the chapel, and church services.
- Sets up and removes chairs, properly caring for and storing these items.
- Provides aftercare in the absence of the Family Service Counselor
- Provides information on insurance, health benefits, and pension.
- Shares pre-need referrals with the Advanced Planning Director.
- Completes and accurately prepares all documents related to services, cremations, maintenance, and any other type of data entry.
- Assists with general office duties, including answering phones.
- Assists with the maintenance of vehicles, facilities, and property.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a funeral director/embalmer
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Availability to work on-call weekdays and weekends as needed, and on a rotating schedule.
- Strong communication skills and high levels of compassion and integrity
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities while being detail oriented.
- Valid state-issued driver’s license
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Please submit resume to Brian Bernardo – Bbernardo@jjduffyfuneralhome.com